Monday 5 August 2013

What's been happening with me recently.

QUITE A LOT ACTUALLY.

Right now, it is fair to say I am LOVIN' life!

I recently completed a basic Bid Writing course which is awesome, looking forward to getting stuck into that and helping some worthy courses. I did the course so that I could volunteer my time to help other organisations across the city, but also, to be able to get involved in some of my works make core work which is awesome! I need to do some practise on all the different areas and sort of find something to apply for.. :] SO, we'll see.

I'm listening to Wham, so I apologise if a cheeky Wham lyric sneaks in....

Friday 19th July was a pretty awesome day. Firstly, I got the opportunity to appear on Peter Levys Lunch time Radio show which was ace! I sounded a bit of a douche because I unintentionally put on my telephone voice... why would I do that? I should just speak like a 'ull person and all that! It was a great experience, I didn't feel nervous and got the chance to talk about my blogging (sort of) which is good!

The second awesome thing about Friday was that I got an email inviting me to the GoThinkBig event at Heat! magazine called 'Meet Heat Editorial Speed-Dating Skills Day' which is if any of you know me personally is HUGE news as I love reading Heat! Who doesn't love celeb gossip. don't pretend like you don't read the side of the Daily Mail every morning! So basically I was a wreck on that day because all my hard work was starting to really amount to something. You might not agree, but it's exposure and you can't get any better than that! The whole day was pretty amazing - I've been going to London a lot recently so am starting to get annoyed with tourists (lol, whut) - but yeah, walking down Shaftsbury Avenue into Heat! towers was pretty amazing. I was a bit lost for words when Lucie Cave walked out, I was sat there thinking, "that's Lucie fucking Cave, look at that orange jumpsuit, I too should be wearing something just as fabulous!" and low and behold, I wasn't wearing something fabulous, in fact I was sweating my fucking face off, haha.

I met all the different editors which was pretty swish actually, we got to spend time with all of them asking them about their lives before and during Heat! and how they came to be there. I left the day feeling pretty damn inspired. I'm sending a letter of thanks off tomorrow, and will be applying for work experience with them very soon which is dead exciting.

Anyhow, got an email on Friday which was ace too, I have been invited to another GoThinkBig event, although, I don't remember applying for this one, so who knows. Maybe the fact I tweeted them like a million times saying thank you has made some sort of impression? But yeah, next Monday, I'm back in the big smoke hitting up Heat! towers again, but will be meeting editors from all different areas of media which is pretty swish, so will keep you informed.

Right now, I feel very lucky. I am making my oppourtunities, and showing how grateful I am to have them too.

Desperado to some something?
Give us a tweet mate, @DebStevo90

Laters,
Stevo. xo







No comments:

Post a Comment