Saturday 4 August 2012

"Marketing, Advertising, PR Internships & Jobs in CHINA"

IN CHINA.

I ask, why should I have to go to CHINA to find work. I live in England, and contrary to popular belief, I would quite like to work in England too. I had this conversation with my Father, who has said to me on numerous occasions "you need to get out of this dead end city Debs, there is nothing here for you..." to some extent he has a point. Job wise I know there is nothing here for me, but everything else is here, my family, my friends, my life!

He further told me that if I needed to move away, he "would understand" I bloody wouldn't so I won't be going!!! Unfortunately, I don't want to work in China doing an internship with a 'monthly allowance' - that just doesn't sound legitimate to me. I've got friends going over to China as part of the TEFL course, and good on them putting themselves out there but for me, I just won't do it. Moving across the globe just isn't a motivator, you're putting yourself back a few years.

I've had this conversation with several friends in a very similar position as me, they similarly feel irritated at the internships in China. Why can't I find an internship in England, in Yorkshire even? I ask, why am I being shipped out to China? The answer, because that's easier than helping me find a job here! I further feel like some use the TEFL course because it is easy to get onto and you are guaranteed a job at the end of it.  And that's fair enough, but it just really isn't for me.

我不動中國隊友。 - what does that say, I'll never know, because I won't be learning the language because guess what I ain't moving to China
Deborah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment