Monday 30 July 2012

One in a million.

Hi there,

I am one of many, many is a loose term, lets say, I am one in over a million young people (under 25) who is no longer in education and who is out of work. As a graduate, I've spent around £18,000 in student loans alone, a large debt which I cannot afford to start paying off without a job - quite an interesting point, I went to university to be able to get a better job when I graduated, and what do you know, I am queuing up with Tom, Dick and Harry at the dole office on a Wednesday afternoon.

Not quite the image I pictured when I applied to university. Weren't we always taught "education is the key to any opportunities you want..." ? I feel let down by the many people who told me this, I feel I've lived a lie in that respect and gained a large debt which may take 30 years to pay off. Let's not be forgetting the incredible interest which they place on top of your student loan, another Brucey bonus for Dave and pals - I can't call them 'our government' as they are yet to do something good for this country.

As the title suggests - I am one in a million. One in a million of under 25's unemployed. I shall be writing about my job finding journey, interview experience, job center aches too. After the day I've had, I have plenty of ammo ready to get writing. I've created this blog to post my work to, which will also be posted to a graduate blog.

You can follow my other blog; http://21yearsofmusingsandlife.blogspot.co.uk/ this is my informal blog full of reviews, poetry, anything.
or my Twitter; www.twitter.com/DebStevo90

So excited to get writing this.
:) Deborah.

No comments:

Post a Comment