Thursday 2 January 2014

One Hull of a Boat

Photo credit: Jerome Whittingham @photomoments

I've just finished flicking through the One Hull of a Boat ebook by my friend who photographed the entire journey, and what a journey it was.

The photographs, even the ones from when Sam and Jono were injured after their crash really make you feel as if you are there with the team. I feel as if I was sat there when the boat design was unveiled to the first trips out on the Humber to the race in Plymouth. Something that I really loved about the ebook is that you don't just see the highs of OHOAB, you see the lows too, you see the struggles the team went through and see them come through that to create a community.

It's really lovely to see lots of different tweets from people who have supported #Hull99 - I know not everyone is a twitter lover, but it is like a community on there so it's good to see all the many different supporters.

Favourite photos;

Page 8; the unveiling of the boat
Page 30; Sam and Jono stood with lots of young people wearing tshirts to show off the Twitter handle.
Page 80; Sam being hugged by Robert Wicks and Jono looking as if he might cry.

You'll have to buy the book yourself if you want to see those photos.

You can buy it for £5 at http://www.photomoments.me.uk/ - a small price for a fabulous book. It comes in many formats now which is excellent as not everyone is an iPad user! Ha,

You can follow the photographer at @photomoments

It has really hit home with me that I should have supported the team more instead of just on twitter - it makes me feel ashamed that this has become the only way I show support for anything now. I must change and venture out into Hull more and support the different community projects more. 

Something different to reflect on in the New Year - what a city Hull really is.

Tweet me @DebStevo90

Stevo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment