Tuesday 15 October 2013

Hull was BUZZing this afternoon.

I don't normally post blogs like this but I just wanted to point out how one person has made a huge difference in my city. Jean Bishop AKA #BeeLady is by far the cutest lady I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Every saturday when I went into Hull City Centre, in my youth, lol, which was a good while ago, Jean was always in the city wearing the bee costume raising money for AgeUK. I hope AgeUK have acknowledged Jean because it would be disgusting if they haven't..... *goes off to check* they have, phew!

What I will say is that Jean has spent about 14 years raising money for AgeUK and has raised over £100,000, she reached that target when she was awarded 'fundraiser of the year' at the Pride Of Britain awards last week. David Walliams surprised her to tell her she had won the award wearing a bee suit too!


I was there today when Jean opened her phone box, and what a moment it was, a large amount of people turned up to see Jean officially open her own phonebox that had been decorated as a bee! I read though that they're only planning to keep it for a month! WHAT THE FUDGE!?

I know Luke Campbell won gold and all that, but this is a lady old enough to be my great grandma wearing a bee costume every weekend to raise money for other old people, she's as much as hero as Luke! It has been lovely seeing how much people love Jean, the amount of excitement on the internet over her is outstanding, Hull is behind her!

Go Jean, you absolute sweetie!




YAY Jean!

Tweet me, @DebStevo90


No comments:

Post a Comment